220g coconut oil
100g dark chocolates (at least 70% cocoa solids)
100g organic cocoa powder
4 large eggs, beaten and at room temperature
2 tsp gluten free baking powder
100g nuts, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC and grease and line a 7 x 11 inch baking in with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in a bowl over a saucepan.
- Beat in all the dry ingredients with an electric whisk away from the heat and then finally the eggs. At this point it seems like it may have all gone wrong as the mixture thickens and the oil seems to separate from eggs, carry on whisking through this for a couple of minutes and it will all come together.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes depending on how soft you like them, they will firm a bit as they cool so don’t overcook them.
- Leave the mixture to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then divide into 12 or more squares and put on a wire rack to cool.
Allergens: eggs, nuts
To learn more recipes which can be part of a diet to help you Balance and Support your bodily systems to promote good health.
If you would like further information about how you can ensure a healthy diet, don’t hesitate to reach out and get in touch with us here at Health 4U. Or you can book an appointment with Sinead through our online booking platform, and together we will help you understand and take control of your heart health.
Share this recipe
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on whatsapp