Dairy free, Low FODMAP & SIBO Friendly recipe
1 lb smoked white fish fillet (such as cod, haddock, etc.)
4 free-range eggs
2 tsps coconut oil
4 scallions, green part only
Sliced 1 celery stick
Diced 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
1 tbs grated fresh ginger
2 tbs curry powder, free from binders and gluten
2 cups cooked basmati or jasmine rice
½ cup coconut yogurt
¼ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 lemon Salt and pepper
- Place the fish in a large saucepan, cover with cold water & bring to a boil.
- Once water boiling, remove from the heat and let sit in the water for 3 minutes.
- Remove the fish and drain the water.
- Wait to cool then peel the skin away from the flesh and discard. Flake the flesh, being careful to remove any bones. Set aside.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to a boil & cook to your liking. Remove from the heat & peel the eggs, then set aside.
- In a wok or large frying skillet, melt the coconut oil over a medium-high heat. Add the scallions, celery, chili pepper, and ginger and stir for 2 minutes or until softened. Add the curry powder and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the rice and stir until it has incorporated with the vegetables and spices.
- Stir in the yogurt and fish. Squeeze half of the lemon over the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the mixture into four bowls. Cut the eggs in half and add 2 halves to each bowl. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve with the remaining lemon cut into wedges.
Make sure to check back on our Blog to learn more recipes, which can be part of a diet to help you balance and support your bodily systems to promote good health. If you would like further information about how you can ensure a healthy diet, and reach optimal health don’t hesitate to reach out and get in touch with us here at Health 4 U. Or you can book an appointment with Sinéad through our online booking platform, and together we will help you understand and take control of your heart health.