6 free-range eggs
1 tbs lard
1 red pepper, diced
3 oz free-range ham – free from sugar and nitrates
Chopped ½ pint cherry tomatoes
Halved ½ cup black olives
Pitted and ½ Large handful of fresh basil leaves
Washed Salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill on high heat.
- Break eggs into a bowl & whisk until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, oven-safe cast-iron pan over a medium heat.
- Melt the lard, then add the red pepper and cook until softened.
- Add in the ham, cherry tomatoes, and olives and stir for 1 minute.
- Spread evenly over the base of the pan.
- Pour in the egg mixture and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook until the base has firmed & place under the grill, until the egg mixture is completely cooked through.
- Remove from under the grill, slice into wedges & serve with some fresh basil leaves.
Make sure to check back on our Blog to learn more recipes, which can be part of a diet to help you balance and support your bodily systems to promote good health. If you would like further information about how you can ensure a healthy diet, and reach optimal health don’t hesitate to reach out and get in touch with us here at Health 4 U. Or you can book an appointment with Sinéad through our online booking platform, and together we will help you understand and take control of your heart health.